THE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE is accountable for the daily responsibilities between Communica and one or more client accounts. The account executive interfaces not only with clients but with the various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client.
The account executive has input in developing integrated strategic marketing plans for our clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis. The goal of successful execution is meeting and surpassing creative and strategic goals, on-time and on-budget, resulting in a happy client.
Reports to the Account Supervisor
• Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
• Gathers and assembles information and analysis as needed for client business.
• Stays up to date on a clients’ brands, products, services, and marketing developments.
• Maintains client records for all assigned accounts, detailing past and present work.
• Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
• Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
• Provides creative, production, media, public relations, and social media and web personnel with well-documented input, support data, and production materials as required; ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups.
• Keeps apprised of and oversees the execution of the progress of client projects through production, with a goal of on-time and on-budget results.
• Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
• Validates and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of the same.
• Completes billing worksheet responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Informs Account Supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
• Provides assistance and input for responsibilities associated with new business opportunities.
• When appropriate, seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
• Stays up to date on industry best practices, trends and standards.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of agency or other relevant marketing experience
• Has a passion for brand marketing
• Experience with the automotive Industry - OEM, Tiers, and After Market desired
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional project management skills
• Strategic thinking and planning skills
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently.
• A team player
ADV: is the monthly newsletter for AAF Toledo. The newsletter contains a letter from the club president, monthly program information, company profile, member profile, calendar of events, new members, committee updates, and more.
P.O. Box 140604
Toledo, Ohio 43614