Executive Director for AAF Toledo
A chapter of the American Advertising Federation, AAF Toledo is a professional and social organization for individuals actively involved in the creation and production of advertising and marketing communications materials. The nonprofit (501C6) organization was originally formed in 1909 and supports local, regional and national advocacy efforts to protect and promote thewell-being of Advertising. Members are from all areas of advertising - agencies, independentmprofessionals, media firms, marketing and research companies, client companies, trade organizations, and community services.
Serving as the “face of AAF Toledo” in Northwest Ohio as well as the leader of the association, the Executive Director’s (ED) key role is to build lasting relationships with current and potential sponsors as well as current and potential members. Specifically, the ED works with volunteer leadership to strategize and execute fundraising strategies; to grow and retain the membership; to ensure the smooth operation of and to provide continuity for the organization; to lead the membership in the execution of cultivation and stewardship procedures, and to oversee budgets and finances. The ED works for a volunteer Board of Governors of up to 18 individuals and serves as the liaison to American Advertising Federation (District 5 and AAF National).
1) Revenue Generation: Sponsorship, Membership, and Events
- Develops and manages the organization’s annual budget, including the management of volunteers to assist in the execution of their budgets, prospecting, relationship management (both cultivation and stewardship), and keep all member and sponsor status and contact updates current in the organization’s database.
- Working closely with volunteer leadership, manages relationships and focuses on retention of existing sponsorships as well as prospecting for additional sponsors, including the fulfillment of mutually agreed upon specific number of face-to-face meetings each week with sponsors and sponsor prospects.
- Develops and maintains relationships with agency principals and other industry leaders to build AAF Toledo membership and advance strategic objectives.
- Works with membership committee to develop membership prospect list and maintain an on-going program to recruit and retain members.
- Oversees key functions and duties of the organization’s signature events, including the two key fundraising events, as well as other networking, programmatic and public service events/activities.
- Develops and manages annual club budget in conjunction with the Board.
- Achieves budgeted goals and ensures the financial stability of the organization.
- Execution of general accounting practices, including accounts receivable and payable.
- Works with Treasurer to ensure prudent financial practices, including an annual audit
and monthly reporting to the Board of Governors and Executive Committee.
- Ensures all tax filings and other financial documents are executed properly, accurately and ethically.
- Management of all club operations, including developing annual strategic goals.
- Working with the Board of Governors and Executive Committee, ensures that the organization’s activities and programs are being executed with timelines, strategies and plans, including ensuring that all organization activities are in coordination with one another and mesh with the association’s overall strategic plan and annual calendar.
- Responsible for scheduling and agenda development for monthly Board and Executive committee meetings.
- Serves as historical guide for previous club activities and assists with club achievement submissions.
- Serve as liaison to AAF National and AAF District 5.
- Defines, interprets and communicates the organization’s policies, procedures and bylaws to members and ensures that members are aware of such policies, procedures and bylaws.
4) Member and Community Development
- Provides strategic leadership to effectively communicate the mission, goals and accomplishments of the organization to sponsors and prospective sponsors; members and prospective members; government entities; and the community-at-large.
- Acts as liaison to local and regional community promoting AAF Toledo, its members and their mission.
- Works closely with the Board of Governors and the Executive Committee, staying in touch and understanding the workings of all volunteer sub-committees.
- Coordinates updates to website, newsletters, social media, and database as appropriate and needed.
5) Event Management and Committee Support
- Provides strategic guidance and support for committee activities.
- Work with committees to develop events that align with annual strategic objectives.
- Provide event management support for all educational and social events.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the American Advertising Awards (ADDY’s) judging & show, AdBID Auction, and ongoing monthly luncheons and events as needed.
- Strong leadership and volunteer management skills
- Ability to cultivate, solicit and close sponsorships and recruit new members
- Outgoing, inspirational and motivational personality
- Strategic and collaborative thinker
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time; highly organized
- Professional and timely
- Understands the value of both cultivation and stewardship
- Ability to effectively present compelling messages that inspire others to support the organization
- 5+ years of experience in association or non-profit work with a proven track record of success.
- Experience working with and managing a diverse group of volunteers (Board level preferred).
- Demonstrated fundraising experience, especially with corporate solicitation, acquisition and stewardship.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with professional presentation and marketing skills in particular.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Hours & Compensation
The position of Executive Director is very flexible with work hours, which will average 20 hours per week. Event weeks will be heavier, with other weeks not requiring much time.
Compensation range for the position is $20,000 - $25,000 annually, with potential for more through sponsorship solicitation.
Please send resume to Michael Seay at Michael.Seay@MadAveGroup.com.
Posted: May 28, 2019