The Chamber is looking for a Communications Intern to work with our team marketing and talent attraction/retention teams this summer.
Primary areas of responsibility will include:
- Taking photos and/or short videos at events and throughout the Toledo Region
- Developing engaging copy for news stories, blog posts, event promotions and publications
- Conducting interviews to capture testimonials both in print and “on-camera”
- Assisting in the production of various print and digital projects as assigned
- Attending events and relevant meetings and assisting as necessary
If you or someone you know are interested, you can find the full job description at: https://lnkd.in/da97FGn
Posted: March 12, 2018
Graphics / Advertising Intern
Start Date: As early as May 14, 2018
Hours: up to 40 / week
Assist VP of Marketing, Marketing Manager, and marketing team in the creation of print and digital marketing materials, and packaging design. Ideal candidate would also have experience in copywriting and editing and / or social media management.
Minimum skills required, proficiency in the following, utilizing a Mac platform:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
Ideal additional skills (in descending order of priority)
- Copywriting and editing
- Social media management
- HTML coding
- Please provide samples of current work for consideration
- Electronic submission preferred
- Website, Email, Dropbox, or other FTP link
Posted: March 6, 2018
Marketing Communications Coordinator
The Toledo Museum of Art is seeking a Marketing Communications Coordinator to support the marketing communications department in developing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns, communication strategy, project management and reporting of marketing and communications efforts.
- Coordinates the work of freelance designers, copywriters, and web developers, as needed, to ensure projects adhere to objectives spelled out in marketing communications plans, media buys, and creative briefs.
- Creates and/or supports in the layout, design and copywriting for integrated marketing campaigns.
- Monitors marketing deliverables for uniformity in message and visual identity.
- Provides general marketing support, including but limited to:
- Tracking and processing invoices and expenditures relating to marketing communications campaigns.
- Maintaining and cataloging strategic marketing communication plans and assets.
- Working closely with marketing communications team to develop, track, analyze and improve effectiveness of campaigns.
- Routes and manages creative jobs internally and externally using an online project management platform.
- Collates and analyzes marketing communications data.
- Generates, tracks, and manages metrics.
- Supports team meetings and conference calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or other related field is required.
- Two to four years of experience in marketing and/or communications in an internal marketing communications department or a related function at an agency.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and copywriting skills across a variety of media.
- Experience utilizing project management software and content management systems (CMS) preferred but not required.
- Good attention to detail and project management skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage time effectively to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Sound understanding of the principles of marketing and communications.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit toledomuseum.org/about/jobs-volunteer/employment and select “Marketing Communications Specialist” under “Communications.”
Posted: February 26, 2018
Senior Digital Designer for The University of Toledo web team
Learn more and apply at jobs.utoledo.edu, search for “Senior Digital Designer” under Staff listings, posting # 37528a
The Senior Digital Designer will combine his/her skills and abilities as a graphic designer with computer programming to create complex, interactive experiences for the University websites, digital marketing solutions, applications and software. This position provides leadership in strategy and execution of digital solutions and works collaboratively with the Web Development team, Marketing and Communications team, software engineers, multimedia specialists, and social media specialists.
The Senior Digital Designer is critical to the success of most of the University's major web projects. He/She helps evaluate user experiences, identify opportunities for improvement and creating concepts through to detailing designs and documenting UI specifications that work flawlessly, all while challenging the team to think beyond what's expected. This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, html and css coding, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies. This position includes oversight and training of ADA compliance in the digital environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
- 5-7 years of work experience in web coding and design.
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates a passion for digital design development and experience developing responsive and mobile friendly websites and digital solutions.
- Proficiency in HTML Coding, CSS, Adobe CC, Microsoft Office and the willingness to explore new tools.
- Intimate knowledge of how comps translate to code.
- A strong understanding of current design trends and the practical benefits and limitations of digital technologies.
- A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Posted: February 26, 2018
The Toledo Mud Hens and Toledo Walleye are in search of a creative, energetic and talented graphic designer to join our creative team. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of design orientated projects from innovative sales and marketing materials, to video board graphics, animations, and entertainment materials for both organizations. The position requires the capability to work collaboratively with various departments to provide creative solutions in an exciting fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like you, send us a sample portfolio that demonstrates your ability to create cutting-edge graphics, logos, animations and illustrations.
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com which includes:
• Your name & contact information
• A resume and portfolio with links to any online work.
• Your reasons for applying
- Applicants should have a degree in a design related field (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a design position.
- Superior capabilities and troubleshooting skills with Adobe Creative Suite is a must. Knowledge of After Effects, and Cinema 4d is preferred.
- Excellent visual communication skills.
- Ability to work smoothly with a fast-paced interdisciplinary team.
- Must possess a complete functional understanding of digital file preparation for all output targets including but not limited to: CMYK files for press; spot colors for press; and file optimization for web use.
- Must possess the ability to manage project timelines and meet all deadlines.
- Passion for the exploration of trends in design, marketing, and graphics.
- Applicants must have a portfolio to be considered.
Posted: February 14, 2018
Advertising Account Executive
Buckeye Broadband is looking for a qualified candidate to fill an Advertising Account Executive position. The Advertising Account Executives uses strong listening, relationship building and expert presentation skills to meet and exceed client marketing goals. Account Executives skillfully concept and implement innovative marketing solutions across Buckeye Broadband’s multi-media platforms. From traditional commercial advertising to digital and social media engagements, our successful Account Executives use the latest industry trends, customized research and a strong consultative marketing approach to regularly overachieve our client’s ROI centric advertising goals
- High school diploma- Required
- A minimum of 2 years successful sales experience in television, radio, cable, online, digital or print media OR Bachelor’s degree (Broadcast Communications; Business Administration, radio/TV, liberal arts or related field) and a minimum 1 year previous related sales experience- Required
- Experience using personal computers and software applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word – Required
- Prior experience using contact management and research applications including Strata, Ad Mall, and Nielsen Audience Research– Strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of media and advertising industry – Preferred
Apply today - www.buckeyebroadband.com/careers
Posted: January 18, 2018
Digital Sales Representative
Buckeye Broadband is looking for a qualified candidate to fill an Digital Sales Representative position. The Digital Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting new clients and the selling of digital platform Buckeye Broadband advertising and marketing services to local advertisers.
• High school diploma or the equivalent – required
• Minimum 2 years of previous outside sales experience – required
• Minimum 2 years of previous digital sales experience – required
• Basic computer skills with the ability to use the Internet – required
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word - preferred
• Familiarity with contact management applications - preferred
Posted: January 18, 2018
Art Director | Senior Designer
Concentrek Group has an immediate need for an experienced Art Director. Preferred candidates must be able to work onsite at our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio.
- 2-4 years of industry experience in a similar position, preferably in an agency environment
- Considerable experience in conceptualizing and presenting creative, design-based solutions for print, website UX and other digital platforms
- Technical knowledge in formatting files for and coordinating print production
- Technical knowledge in design requirements for web/digital design
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, with willingness to adopt new software as needed
- Collaborate closely with copywriters, developers and account executives
- Effectively direct junior designers
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment
Interested? Submit your resume and schedule an interview today!
Posted: January 18, 2018