Director of Marketing
DESCRIPTION: This position reports directly to the CEO. As a member of the Leadership Team, this position is a key organizational leader who works collaboratively to ensure the realization of the center's mission and goals. This position is responsible for supporting the development and distribution of marketing materials and will be assisting in the production of advertising, marketing print and banner ads, and/or other promotional materials.
This position requires an experienced professional, who is a top performer with outstanding organizational skills, and who has the proven ability to oversee all aspects of the marketing discipline for the Science Center.
- Manage resources and budget to for all assigned programs with proactive communication on issues and opportunities
- Oversee the development of a media buying plan that will accomplish needed goals, within the confines of the allotted $300,000 budget
- Implement marketing plans in an efficient and cost effective way
- Guide sales force to design quality sales strategies and plans, with measurables to track successes and failures
- Ensure that budgets are accurate and comprehensive; while communicating any budget changes to the team in a timely and easy-to-understand manner
- Effectively manage and motivate peers and subordinates in their creation of programs to assure support of all marketing objectives
- Advise and manage stakeholders by reporting on special projects, business challenges, and changes
- Meet with internal team and external clients consistently to accurately determine needs.
- Effectively manage vendors to accomplish department and facility goals
- Make accomplishments & adjustments in programs readily visible for team and executive groups
- Manage all aspects of projects to assure deadlines and budget parameters are met
- Coordinate all details of marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, asset delivery, media planning and deadlines
- Act as a role model to drive initiatives, support the organizational mission, vision, and short and long-term strategies
- Participate in all Leadership team activities
- BA/BS in marketing or business-related field
- 3-6 years of marketing experience
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to represent the Science Center effectively and professionally at all levels
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to define and clearly communicate project scope
- Excellent time management skills; extremely detail oriented; ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and track multiple marketing-related projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong ability to develop relationships and to work with cross-functional groups
- Very strong verbal and written communication, analytical, and reporting skills
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
Imagination Station, Pure Science, Pure Fun
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted: May 26, 2017